Masseria Bannata offers an exclusive package which includes a cooking class at the home restaurant of a specialized chef in Calascibetta, a small village near Bannata, and a guided excursion along a place where archeology and nature, history and landscape intertwine harmoniously: the “Villaggio Bizantino”.
The goal of our cooking class is to blend flavors and traditions mixing empathy and feeling. Who chooses to prepare a dish, aims to assess the true essence through unique moments in respect of our land using only seasonal products.
After the cooking class, you will visit the Byzantine Village with an authorized guide. The Village is an ancient rocky settlement, which stands between century old trees and stately conifers, where tombs, columbaria, olive oil and ancient wineries, an Arabic qanat, and a Byzantine stone church are still evident among these majestic rock walls. Nature and its landscape, in which the Byzantine Village is located, is outstanding. It is immersed in a forest of eucalyptus and pine trees on the higher slopes, where you can enjoy a splendid view of the Morello Valley and its lake while below in the valley, you find yourself in the lush Vallone Canalotto among ancient springs and Mediterranean shrub and plants which the ancient inhabitants of this place used for healing, nutrition or for their magical rituals. It is a climax of wonderment which you feel when you visit this place of the soul.
PACKAGE TOTAL PRICE
€ 85 per person
Children up to 16 years are free.
THE PACKAGE DOES INCLUDE:
- A chef specialized in traditional cuisine
- All the ingredients needed for the preparation of the dishes
- Personal work station
- A custom apron
- Excursion with an authorized guide
THE PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Transfer from the Masseria Bannata to Calascibetta
- Beverages during the cooking class
- Everything not indicated in “the package does include”
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PAX: 2 pax
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PAX: 4 pax
LANGUAGES: Italian, English
- Difficulty: easy
- Duration: 2.30 h
- Hike path lenght: half day 1,4 km roundtrip
- Altitude: departure 644 masl, minimum 598 masl, maximum 644 masl
- Recommended equipment: comfortable clothing and suitable according to the season, backpak, trekking shoes, water bottle (1,5 lt)
- Suggested equipment: poncho raincoat, hat, camera, binoculars, trekking poles.